Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Shoreline Diner and Vegetarian Enclave

Last week I spent some time consulting with the Shoreline Diner and Vegetarian Enclave in Guilford, CT to develop some vegan items for their Daily Specials menu. Over the past few weeks I've been testing recipes for a breakfast item, lunch item and gluten-free item. It's tough translating what works in a home kitchen to what will be quick and easy to prepare in a fast-paced restaurant environment, but I'll keep my fingers crossed these will be hits! I enjoyed my afternoon spent with Louis and the rest of the kitchen crew who will be expertly preparing these three specials for the month of April. Be sure to stop in and check them out!

Southwestern Tofu Fritatta with Salsa and Avocado

Hummus Stuffed Portobello Steaks with Herbed Quinoa, Baby Greens and Red Pepper Dice

Mediterranean Pasta - Gluten-free Rice Penne with White Beans, SUndried Tomatoes, Artichoke Hearts, Kalamata Olives and Garlic Greens

No comments: