Wednesday, December 29, 2010

This Week's Menu

Seasonal veggies, creamy goodness, comfy comfort food... that was the theme this week.


I think my favorite on the menu would be the Mac 'n' Cheese 'n' Stuff, which is kinda like if Mac 'n Cheese hooked up with Cauliflower Au Gratin and created this love child.  Then it's topped off with a crunchy topping of toasted walnuts and breadcrumbs.  I could eat it every snow-stormy day this winter.


Next up is the Baked Tofu with Warm Savoy Cabbage and Carrot Slaw and Quinoa.  I always forget to cook with cabbage, but this week I remembered!  It's so sweet and delicious.


Finally, the Panfried Tempeh with Mushroom Gravy, Mashed Potato and Rutabaga and Steamed Broccoli.  I love throwing a mix of starches together and mashing them up.  This week it's the slightly bitter, slightly sweet rutabaga (purple turnip) which makes its appearance on the menu.  Yum!

No comments: