Tuesday, January 11, 2011

This Week's Menu


This week I was asked to do an interview on vegan food for the Journal Inquirer.  For the photo shoot, I decided to prepare one of my "signature dishes," Tofu Piccata with Asparagus and Mashed Potatoes.  It's a customer favorite at the Shoreline Diner and Georgie's Diner, where I've shared my recipe, but the best way to get it is served fresh.  And so I decided to treat my clients this week to this rich and savory meal.


The piccata sauce is made with rice milk thickened with cornstarch and flavored with fresh squeezed lemon and Dijon mustard.  Capers add a tangy burst of saltiness.


The second entree was Baked Tofu with Maple-glazed Parsnip and Sweet Potato, Toasted Pumpkin Seeds and Broccoli.  I've made this with butternut squash but wanted to try something a little different this week; plus the parsnips looked good.


The third entree featured Baked Sundried Tomato Polenta with Tempeh, Kale and Fire-roasted Tomato Saute.  I think it worked pretty well as comfort food.

No comments: