Sunday, June 23, 2013

Summer Solstice Vegan Potluck Picnic


I recently celebrated the change of seasons as well as my Ten Year Anniversary in business as a vegan personal chef with Well on Wheels - YAY!!  Thank you to family, friends, clients, friends who became clients, and clients who became friends who have supported me through the years!  I couldn't have done it without you.  And special thanks to those who came from near and far to join me for a Vegan Potluck Picnic to share the vegan love in person.  I had a great time seeing everyone and enjoying deeelicious vegan food with you!


The afternoon flew by in a whirlwind and I was too preoccupied catching up with people to take oodles of photos as I normally do for these events.  Hence, you'll see a few pretty food shots, but mostly a disheveled buffet table of vegan goodies and plenty of us stuffing our faces.  It was tough to stay focused.  Here are some of the foods we feasted on:












Several guests swooned over the Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp I made for dessert.  Pictured here in all its fresh berry and edible flower lusciousness, it was not only vegan and gluten-free, but, you guessed it, yummy.  I found that the sweet and sour filling contrasted perfectly with the Salted Caramel Cupcakes another guest had brought.  Want the recipe for this perfect summer dessert? Get it here.

Two other favorites were the "Tuno" Salad and the Dilled Red Potato Salad, both made with Nayonaise vegan mayos. The Tuno disappeared in the blink of an eye, and even nonvegans said they could forego the real thing and eat this one instead.  Vegans who had never eaten real tuna just thought this tasted pretty amazing.  By popular request, here's the Tuno Salad recipe for you to make and enjoy with family and friends!

Here are a few of the people photos I did manage to have a camera in hand to capture.  You all rock my vegan world!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is actually the kind of information I have been trying to find. Thank you for writing this information. healthy vegan party food