Monday, April 20, 2015

Vegan Easter

I celebrated Easter at the new Well on Wheels headquarters and while the holiday is long gone, it is not forgotten.  This is the first chance I've had to load some photos which now allow me to reflect on the amazing meal and good times shared by all.  


The menu was a vegan twist on some traditional Italian favorites:  pasta with meatballs and fire-roasted tomato marinara, eggplant rollatini with macadamia "rawcotta," broccoli rabe sautéed in olive oil and garlic with toasted pine nuts, and a less traditional dessert of gluten-free lemon cupcakes with Absolute citron buttercream frosting, candied lemon peel and edible flowers.  

As I type this I'm drooling just thinking about the amazing flavors.  If you'd like to recreate this meal at home, recipes for the marinara, macadamia rawcotta and gluten-free walnut neatballs can all be found in my cookbook, Easy Peasy Vegan Eats.   

Eggplant rollatini with macadamia "rawcotta" and fire-roasted tomato marinara

Fussili with walnut "neatballs"

Dinner!

Gluten-free lemon cupcakes with Absolute Citron buttercream and candied lemon peel






No comments: