1) for food allergies/intolerances/sensitivities and eliminate all foods that cause inflammation. (eg., dark leafy greens, berries, turmeric, etc.). Choosing the right foods that prevent free radical damage and promote healing are key to maintaining optimal health.
2) Add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice to aid the detoxification process. Our bodies need sufficient hydration to carry out necessary physiological functions.
3) before each meal to aid in the metabolization of food. If digestion is still sluggish, consider doing a fast and cleanse by consuming restorative herbs that support excretion of metabolic wastes, and improve digestion, nutrient absorption, circulation, cellular regeneration, and immune function. The ability to digest and absorb nutrients is how we obtain fuel from food. Good digestion makes a tremendous difference in energy level and endurance.
4) Exercise daily, outside in the fresh air if possible, enough to increase heart rate and respiration and produce sweat. Physical movement strengthens muscles and keeps internal organs functioning optimally.
5) such as deep breathing exercises, meditation, Reiki, laughter, etc. to relax the body and mind and enhance restful sleep. A calm and uncluttered mind improves concentration and allows us to focus on positive transformation.
That's it. The process is simple, but as I said, it's not a miracle cure. It takes time for your body to heal. If you've experienced chronic health issues for many, many years, expect that it may take months to resolve them. Know that your body will always return to homeostasis and an optimal state of wellness when given the right fuel. Have compassion for yourself, nurture your health, and take care of your body as if it's the most precious gift you have, because it is.
Mary Lawrence, vegan wellness educator
Well on Wheels