Monday, May 5, 2008

Cancer Project Update


On April 12 I hosted a house party for The Cancer Project to support the wonderful work they do. This organization is an arm of the Physician's Committee for Responsible Medicine which is headed by Dr. Neal Barnard. I attended their free vegetarian cooking class over the winter and learned quite a bit. Even though I've been a chef for over 5 years and a vegan for nearly 12, it's always good to hear the latest research about vegan nutrition. I'd highly recommend the class to anyone, experienced or not, who would like to learn how eating the right foods can boost your immune system and help defend against disease.


Twenty-two people crammed into my little apartment to hear a conference call by Dr. Barnard and a presentation by Wendy Lewis, one of the Cancer Project's cooking instructors. I hope all who attended had a great time and will spread the word about this organization. I'm pleased to report that thanks to everyone's generosity, we raised over $500 to support The Cancer Project's work. For anyone who was not able to attend, please visit their website to learn more and consider making a donation.

No comments: