Friday, November 28, 2008

Ooo, you're a holiday

I'm really happy with the way everything turned out yesterday. The soup was the best, and the rest of the meal was pretty good, too. I was actually quite surprised that I finished making everything about an hour before guests arrived and had time to play some tug-of-war with my dog. Afterward, she waited patiently under the table, eyeing the front door for any movement.


Earlier in the day, NPR affiliate WPKN 89.5 FM aired a little segment on vegetarian Thanksgivings and interviewed me to find out what I'd be serving. Thank you Melinda Tuhus for inviting me to speak on your fabulous program, The Forest and the Trees! Here's the menu:

Gingered Winter Vegetable Bisque
Cornmeal Crusted Tofu Cutlets with Crimini Mushroom Gravy
Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Parnsips
Brussles Sprouts and Broccoli with Shallots
Minted Wild Rice Pilaf with Dried Cranberries, Toasted Pine Nuts and Orange Zest
Maple-Glazed Butternut Squash with Pecan Praline
Mixed Berry Applesauce


After dinner, we indulged in Pumpkin Pie, Apple Crumble and Chocolate Chip Cookies. Sorry... we were too busy stuffing ourselves to stop for a picture. Then we collapsed by the fire and bid a fond adieu to another Thanksgiving.

Anyone have any stories to share? I love a good story...

No comments: