Thursday, February 5, 2009

Vegan Valentine

I will be doing a gluten-free vegan cooking demonstration at Nature's Grocer on Feb. 12 and, being that Valentine's Day is just around the corner, the feature presentation will of course include chocolate. Contrary to popular belief, I do indulge in sweets (a couple times a year).

In the past, I made a lovely lemon chiffon cake with cookie cutter raspberry kanten hearts.




I also like a simple, yet elegant, plate full of truffles and petit fours to decorate a table.



For the cooking demonstration, I will be making a Chocolate Ambrosia Tart with Nut Crust. I've done many variations on this theme, but the easiest way to go is a creamy chocolate pudding made with silken tofu, melted chocolate chips, maple syrup and vanilla. The decadence comes in the crust which is made with dried coconut, macadamia nuts, Florida crystals and coconut oil ground together in a food processor then pressed into a fluted tart pan. If strawberries are flown in from California, I'll be using them as a garnish. Can't wait!

No comments: