Friday, September 3, 2010

Baby Spinach, Cherry Tomato and Avocado Gremolata


Today I picked about a handful of cherry tomatoes from my garden, plus I had half a pint from the store, and a bag of baby spinach that needed to be eaten, so I decided to combine them to make this yummy and simple salad for lunch.  The avocado was a bonus, and I needed the extra calories to get me through the afternoon.


The gremolata is made with fresh lemon zest, lemon juice, and a bunch of parsley chopped up really fine.  I decided to add some tahini for body and tamari for flavor, and they all seemed perfectly happy blended together in a bowl. 

 

Simply stir everything together to make a thick dressing, then toss with your drained spinach and tomatoes.  


Slice half an avocado and lay over the top.  Garnish with plenty of fresh cracked pepper. Simple, beautiful, and delicious!


No comments: