Wednesday, February 23, 2011

This Week's Menu


There's an Indonesian peanut sauce I've been making all winter that I never get tired of, so it made an appearance on the menu this week for several clients of mine.  It's seasoned with chili powder, ginger, toasted shallots, and garlic, then right at the end just as it begins to bubble in the pot, I stir in some coconut cream to thin it out.  This is so delicious with poured over wide rice noodles, baked tofu and broccoli.


For the second entree I made Pan-fried Tempeh with Wild Rice Pilaf and Oven-Roasted Brussels Sprouts.  I realized I hadn't made anything with wild rice for quite some time, and I really like this blend of rices from Lundberg Farms.  The complimentary flavors of tart apple, sweet dried cranberries, and green onion all worked really well together, and the crunch of toasted pecans added some richness to the mix.


The third entree was Barbecue Tofu with Mashed Potatoes and Dijon Green Beans.  I guess I've been in the mood for summer lately, and this dish makes me think of grilling outside, sitting in my yard with the sun shining on my face.   Soon enough!

No comments: