Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mom's Day Dinner

table set - can't wait to dig in!

It couldn't have been more perfect weather for Mother's Day.  The warm sunshine in the morning, followed by cool, cloudy skies in the afternoon, made for a lively start and a lazy end to this wonderful day.  Mom, thank you for everything you do!  I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

first course:  Minted Asparagus and Snow Pea Salad 
with Pistachios and Dijon Vinaigrette 

another look at the salad, plated

appetizer:  Baked Tofu Sriracha 

main course:  Penne with Pesto, Sundried Tomatoes, Snow Peas and Red Pepper Dice

heavenly ending:  Chocolate Cupcakes with Toasted Almond Cream Frosting

here's how my mom likes to eat them, Devil Dog style

speaking of dogs... Zinny waiting patiently under the table for dropsies 
(such a good doggy today)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Mom's Day Dinner looked so delicious. I wish I were there to share it with you and your family.

Unknown said...

awww... thanks! My mom is the best!