Tuesday, December 4, 2012

This week's menu

While I was in the checkout line of my local health food store purchasing groceries for this week, the man behind me asked about the can of Muir Glen Organic Crushed Fire Roasted Tomatoes in my basket.  "Do you like those?  I've never really had much luck cooking with them."  I was surprised, because I find that they add so much flavor to soups, stews, and sauces, especially the one with adobo seasoning.  I suggested, "have you tried using them in chili?"  He hadn't, but was intrigued by the idea.  That's my favorite use for them because they add a deep, smoky undertone to whatever it is you're cooking.  I also like them in Indian food because the roasted quality is both sweet and savory, and they'll put an extra little indescribable zing in your curries.


This week you will find Three Bean Chili with Fire-Roasted Tomatoes and Brown Rice on the Menu.  It's a favorite for cold, rainy autumn evenings.

pan-fried tempeh with agave dijon glaze, sesame cabbage, and baked garnet yam
three-bean fire-roasted tomato chili with brown rice
tofu piccata with mashed root vegetables and sauteed kale







No comments: