Tuesday, June 9, 2009

This week's meals

I woke up this morning to a tremendous thunderstorm that rattled the windows and made the lights flicker. With the rain, the cold, and my dog shivering in fear under the kitchen table, I decided this week's theme would be comfort food. Again. Thankfully, it's something I never get tired of. (But haven't we had enough rain this season??)

Meal #1: French Lentil Stew with Green Beans Amandine and Quinoa

Meal #2: Roasted Portobello Mushroom with Mustard Glaze on Baby Greens and Chickpea Quinoa Pilaf

Meal #3: Creamy Asparagus and Leek Risotto with Eggplant, Tomato and Butter Bean Tagine

My favorite was the creamy risotto which I could eat all day. So rich and creamy, and not an ounce of dairy. Arborio rice soaks up the rice milk like a little sponge, making each grain plump and silky. Drizzle the top with some extra virgin olive oil and garnish with fresh basil. Delish!

No comments: