Wednesday, September 9, 2009

This week's menu

While the majority of Americans enjoyed a day off on Labor Day, I was busy cooking in the kitchen (though still enjoying myself, nonetheless!). I keep wanting to do a menu featuring produce fresh from the garden, but I've been so disappointed with the lackluster bounty this season. Until now.

There is an overabundance of stringbeans in my little urban garden, and so this week they found themselves in two recipes. First, as a creamy rice and stringbean casserole. Second, as a side dish tossed with sauteed cherry tomatoes and lovely little yellow pear tomatoes from my garden. If I had some local potatoes to roast in the oven, I'm sure the outcome would have been even more heavenly, but the Russetts I used weren't too bad.


Meal #1: Baked Tofu Cutlets with Brown Rice and String Bean Casserole

Meal #2: Three Bean Chili with Brown Rice

Meal #3: Cornmeal Crusted Butter Bean Cakes with Oven Roasted Herbed Potatoes, Stringbean and Cherry Tomato Sautee

No comments: