Thursday, October 15, 2009

Week four

This was the fourth and final week of my "Healthy Cooking in a Hurry" class, and I'm sad to say farewell. It's really starting to feel like fall (well... with the snow today, kinda like winter, actually), so this latest batch of recipes really worked well.

We started with one of my favorites: Winter Vegetable Bisque made with sweet butternut squash, garnet yam, parsnip and carrot. I could eat this all day long.

The entree was a cultural mix of comfort foods: White Bean and Fennel Cassoulet with Baked Polenta, Sauteed Broccoli Rabe and Pan-roasted Garlic. I wasn't the only one who couldn't wait to dive into those sweet and creamy garlic cloves!

For dessert we had a gluten-free Toasted Almond Coconut Macaroon Dipped in Dark Chocolate. So simple, yet elegant. Then, as an extra treat, I sliced into some ripe and juicy figs (which I must report taste even more heavenly dipped in that dark chocolate!). What a way to end!

No comments: