Tuesday, February 23, 2010

This week's menu

I've been doing a little experimenting this week with baked stuffed zucchini. One day I tried filling it with a chick pea mash similar to hummus, then sauteed some red pepper, carrots and mushrooms as a garnish.

Last night I made some polenta with sundried tomatoes, put that inside the little zucchini boats, then swam it atop a pool of thick eggplant and red pepper marinara, and topped it with sauteed baby spinach and cannelini beans.

Today, I tried a tofu florentine stuffing similar to what I would use as a "ricotta cheese" for manicotti, then I accompanied it with penne and marinara sauce. It's hard to choose a favorite, but I'm leaning toward the tofu with marinara. Topped with some sauteed baby spinach, it was hard to beat.

I liked the tofu "cheese" filling so much I used it for an eggplant rollatini dish this week.

Rounding out this week's menu was a simple tempeh stirfry with three greens: broccoli, zucchini and snap peas. Bon appetit!

No comments: