Thursday, December 23, 2010

Mac 'n' Cheese 'n' Stuff

Tonight's dinner was inspired by a client's request for Cauliflower Au Gratin, which I made earlier in the day for a holiday party.  Since it was so good and there was a bunch of cauliflower that didn't make it into the baking pan, I decided to make some for myself for dinner.  Once the cheesey sauce was bubbling away courtesy of a combination of Daiya mozzarella, Tofutti cream cheese, and WestSoy soy milk, I changed my direction to mac 'n' cheese, so I boiled some gluten-free Tinkyada pasta shells.  At the last minute I threw in some green beans for color.  Once it was cooked up nicely, I sprinkled a crunchy topping I had made earlier with toasted walnuts and vegan bread crumbs.  Mmmm... creamy, crispy goodness.


Anonymous said...

Another comfort food idea! Thanks.

Mary Lawrence said...

You're welcome! This one is another client favorite!