Saturday, April 21, 2012

Planting a Chef's Garden


It's been a busy week here at Well on Wheels headquarters.  On Wednesday I did a presentation called "Powered by Plants:  Healthy Whole Foods for the 21st Century Athlete" at New Milford Public Library. Even though there weren't many traditional athletes in attendance, all of the feedback afterward indicated that the nutrition information I provided was very helpful for the layperson considering a plant-based diet. Two people even commented that I've inspired them to try going vegan right away!  Woo!  That's always nice to hear.



The next day I was in Orange, CT giving a presentation called "Planting the Chef's Garden."  This was a fun one since I did a mini cooking demo of my new favorite spring vegetable salad, Quinoa with Asparagus, Radish, Pistachios, and Dijon Vinaigrette.  I also accompanied this with some clover sprouts drizzled with parsley and oregano oil and garnished with pretty little pansies from my garden.  Attendees also left with their very own pea seedling which I started last week.  It's so exciting to see them sprouting!

Here's an excerpt from another happy attendee:

Just wanted to say how much we enjoyed your session last
night at the Case Library in Orange. I just made the quinoa salad
that you had and my husband tasted it and loved it too. What a treat!!! 




No comments: