Thursday, September 13, 2012

This week's menu


I had a request from a client this week to make burritos and it occurred to me, gee, it's been a LONG time since I've made them!  I generally try to move beyond the standard vegan fare when I cook for clients, so this gave me a challenge to do something a little different.


For some variety, I used spinach tortillas and filled them with brown rice and pinto beans sauteed with onion, pepper, garlic and the absolutely delicious Muir Glen fire-roasted petite diced tomatoes in adobo sauce.  I topped them with a red sauce made from the same fire-roasted tomatoes along with cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, and paprika, then I sprinkled some Daiya pepper jack over that for melty goodness when it's reheated.


The next meal featured seasonal veggies, a Zucchini and Tomato Stew with Cannelini Beans and Fresh Basil on Baked Sun-dried Tomato Polenta.


Lastly, since it's still technically summer, I wanted to do a salad for the third meal.  This was a Soba Noodle Tossed with Miso Vinaigrette and topped with Baked Tofu, Carrot, and Red Cabbage.  Sesame seeds were sprinkled over the top for a nice crunch.  It can be eaten cold or lightly reheated, but either way it's delish!

No comments: