Tuesday, September 18, 2012

This week's menu


The theme is "comfort food" at Well on Wheels headquarters this week.  It always seems I'm in the mood for rich and creamy carbs once the weather changes, so the menu this week reflects that.


Seasonal zucchini makes an appearance in the first entree.  I sauteed it with some garlic and onions and seasoned it with lemon and oregano before cooking it down with some white beans.  This was accompanied by a generous portion of delectable potato au gratin made with rice milk and Daiya mozzarella.


The second entree featured baked tofu made my favorite way:  marinated in tamari and toasted sesame oil.  I topped this with a sweet and savory fig and balsamic reduction and served it with a baked garnet yam and Brussels sprouts.


The last dish is a vegan twist on an old standard:  Tempeh Stroganoff.  I added some mushrooms, carrots, peas, and onions to the medley and the end result was reminiscent of a deconstructed pot pie.


No comments: