Sunday, July 19, 2009

Edgewood Park Farmer's Market

I had fun this morning meeting my neighbors in Westville at the Edgewood Park Farmers Market. This is one of 6 markets organized by CitySeed around the city of New Haven. It's one of the many things I love about living here!

Because my garden is overflowing with yellow squash, I decided to make a modified version of Ratatouille. The Yellow Squash, Zucchini and Basil were from my garden; the onion, garlic and diced tomatoes were from the grocery store.

I did a little pre-cooking of the squash at home since my cannister of butane was running low and I didn't want to run out midway through the recipe. So, at the market, I sauteed the onion and garlic in olive oil, which drew plenty of patrons with a good sense of smell over to the table.

Then I added the fresh basil, diced tomatoes and a little sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper. Once that thickened, I added the squash and cooked it for a couple minutes more. The consensus was: delish!!

Beautiful weather + nice people + an abundance of organic veggies = Perfect Summer Day

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an exciting addition to the Westville community it would be if you could do this more often. The food looks delicious and I won't miss your next event.

Jared said...

Wow, very nice article!
____________
Boca Botanica