Thursday, July 16, 2009

This week's menu

It's been a crazy week. I've been teaching 2 adult education classes in West Hartford, testing recipes, and planning for a farmers market cooking demonstration in New Haven (more on all that later). In between, I've been cooking for my regular clients.

This week's menu featured some tastes of summer and flavors of the great outdoors. I was inspired by my BBQ Tofu entree at the Shoreline Diner and created a meal around that with mashed potatoes and chili lime corn on the cob. And since sweet corn is now in season, I decided to do a twist on Succotash, one of those love-hate recipes. I happen to love it.

My version took on an Asian-inspired theme and was made with edamame instead of lima beans. It was accompanied by Asian style rice noodles tossed with fresh lime juice, tamari and sesame oil and garnished with sesame seeds. It was as delicious as it was beautiful.

On the Menu this Week:
  • Barbeque Tofu with Mashed Potatoes and Chili Lime Corn on the Cob
  • Edamame Succotash with Rice Noodles in Sesame Vinagrette
  • French Lentil Basmati Rice Pilaf with Green Beans Amandine


No comments: