Thursday, June 10, 2010

From the garden

This year's garden is growing strong with several clumps of collard greens, Swiss chard, kale and mustard greens already primed for picking.


The snap peas bolted into profusion about a week ago and have now slowed to about a handful a day.  These have been yummy sauteed in stirfrys, cut into thin strips for salads, and simply eaten as a fresh raw snack.


I also have an array of herbs in pots:  oregano, thyme, chives, parsley, and sage.  In one corner of my shady bed there is a clump of mint growing.  I've already made a few batches of mint sun tea to cool off on those sultry pre-summer heat waves we've had.

Yesterday, I was excited to see a little green visitor making a home on my parsley.  This is a Black Swallowtail caterpillar.  I wonder if I'll be fortunate enough to witness the transformation!  Enjoy your dinner, hungry little caterpillar dude.

No comments: