Saturday, April 10, 2010

Yesterday's lunch

I love it when leftovers taste this good.  Thursday night I scoured the fridge for anything that might come together with a little bit of magic and become dinner.  I found half a red pepper, tempeh, a few red potatoes and lettuce.  Not much to work with, and at first I considered throwing it all together and making some sort of hash.  Instead, I opted for something a little more creative.  And the payoff included a little extra to enjoy the next day.

The red potatoes were perfect for potato salad since I didn't have to peel them and they don't fall apart if you accidentally lose track of time and overcook them.  Which I always do.  Plus, the scallions growing in a pot on my deck added the perfect amount of freshness.  I sauteed diced red pepper with some onion, then mixed it together with crumbled tempeh, gluten-free breadcrumbs, tahini and various seasonings to make a good burger dough.  Then I panfried them to perfections.


Result:  Pan-fried Tempeh Burgers with Salsa, Red Bliss Potato Salad, and Greens.  Delish!

No comments: